Saturday, October 8, 2011

RTC Oktoberfest

This morning I ran the Pumpkin 5k for time and was very pleased reaching a personal best, well since I have aged. :) I ran it in 26.25 minutes and was 9 out of 115 in my age division. I was super excited and felt great.
Owen and Aiden also had their first race, the Pumpkin Dash. Both boys were beyond excited. So excited to put on their bibs and race like Mommy. Sadly Omer and I had to split and Omer went with Aiden and I stayed with Owen. So I didn't get to see anything of Aiden. But the report was there was too much waiting and by the time they raced it was too crowded and wanted Daddy to carry him.

Parents were not allowed to run with Owen's age group but could stay with the group. We had a big talk about how this was for fun and to make sure you don't push and cheat. Owen listened but sadly other parents did not feel a need to teach this to their kids. Owen was in the front of the group of probably 50 kids and he was even in a run stance. The horn went off, he tried to run but got pushed over immediately. While I was sprinting over there I watched him try to get up to only get jumped over and pushed. My heart sunk and my blood was boiling. My poor child was crushed that he couldn't race because mean kids pushed him. I was enraged because no one stopped the race and these kids just kept going. It was horrible!!!

I scooped my poor baby up and luckily he only had a scratched knee, well physically. Emotionally he was crushed and confused. He told me that you aren't supposed to push but next time he might have to. I had to correct that one....but geez it is hard to teach a lesson when this happened. Then he told me he was sad that no one told him they were sorry. We had a big talk about he will succeed and those mean kids will be in jail. He liked that, but still didn't help that his first race was taken away from him. He told me he wants to run the real race with me next year and show them how good he is. Love that kid!

We went to the beginning of the race and he and I ran it together and he was pleased that so many people were watching him. I enjoyed seeing a smile on his face and for him to get back up and run. I was very proud of my boy.

After the race we went to get treats with our friends Addie, Sylvie and Leilia. The kids sat for a picture.
Aiden, Addie and Owen with decorated pumpkins.

Addie & Owen
Kids watching the fountain
Boys climbing the fountain
Then we all headed over to the Oktoberfest Carnival. The kids rode the dragon roller coaster. I got to ride with Aiden because of course he was too short.
Addie & Owen on Dragon Ride
Aiden on Dragon Ride
Aiden, Addie & Owen in the Train
Me and Boys on the Super Slide. Aiden is behind Owen, look close.
Owen and Aiden driving car
Owen & Addie on the Swings

The carnival was so much fun and had a great time sharing it with friends. We also found our friends Owen Carson and Sadie and they all rode some rides together.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Please tell Owen how proud Grandma is of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for Owen, but proud of him as well. I also love how serious Aiden looks driving the car.

    ReplyDelete