Saturday, July 21, 2012

Owen's 6 Birthday Party

Owen wanted a Ninjago Lego party at the pool. Well sadly it rained so we had to frantically get the house ready to host 14 5-6 year old boys and a hand full of younger kids. We have had almost every one of his parties at our house outside, so we were due to get rained out. He was disappointed but in Owen style was totally cool with the change. 

I had lots of fun finding cool ideas to make a Ninjago party happen. Love the internet for this reason. We turned Gatorade into Jay's Lightning Juice, Kai's Fire Punch, Zane's Ice-Ade and Cole's Rock Water. Then I simply taped Lego heads on straws. I made a banner using a downloaded Lego font with added Owen pictures. Then for the goodie bags, we made them with a simple Ninja eyes sticker. Inside I printed out some ninja coloring pages and rolled them up like a scroll along with Ninja crayons. Then I added some Lego block candy and glow sticks. Our favorite was the Ninja pops, which were just lollipops wrapped with tissue paper and then a sticker with ninja eyes. I am proud to say Owen made all the ninja eyes. 

Because it was supposed to be at the pool I had no activities to keep these kids busy, so it was a little crazy at first. Most parents dropped their kids off; I was happy that a couple moms stayed behind to help and chat with me and Omer. For that many boys in our house it went pretty smoothly. They were seriously bouncing off the walls aka bed and then after a couple hurt feelings and boo-boo's I got them to calm down and start playing Lego's (of course) and other fun games. 

These kids cleared a lot of pizza, ran around some more, then devoured ice cream cake and then we opened gifts. I thought it was so sweet how they all gathered around Owen super close to be a part of the excitement. They were all so surprised and happy for every gift; and of course Owen was in love with everything. 

Owen said he had a "totally awesome birthday party" and then told me "It was cool how so many of my friends were so excited for my birthday." How sweet!

After some playtime with his new bounty Jenni, Josh & Nicholas, and Erica and Craig came over to wish Owen a happy birthday and enjoy a delicious dinner made by Josh. The boys had a blast playing together, so cute to see the cousin boys running around. While us adults enjoyed some good food, beer and adult conversation. It was a great evening. 

Thanks for all those that helped our 6 year old celebrate his day. He was excited to see all and celebrate and have fun. 

Happy Birthday Owen!


No comments:

Post a Comment