Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blizzard 2010

Never thought in my wildest dreams that I would be reporting on yet another blizzard. Virginia never sees this much snow and all in one season it is just insane. The official report was 32 inches. 32 inches!!! That is a ton of snow. It is beautiful, and as I love snow and would love to go out and sled and snowball fight, I think Owen is a little done with the super big stuff. As for Aiden he loves to go out and even when his limbs are cold he never fusses. We were trapped all day Saturday and I think everyone felt that way but we tried to have some fun. On Sunday it has been better because the snow is done so easier to go out. Aiden got a sled pull while I walked the pups and then we all went sledding, which sadly Owen liked once and then was done. He says the sun bothers his eyes but of course won't wear sunglasses. Aiden seemed to enjoy the couple times he went down. And then we went out back under the drooping pine trees to our own snow cave and played with icicles.


The Blizzard Begins
Chloe Forging Out
Snow Covered Yard
The Playset
Front View
We shoveled about 4 times, and not so bad, but we had to stay on top of it.
Omer Taking a Break
Snow Covered Trees
Owen and Chloe Chillin'
Our poor new tree are getting pounded this winter, Omer helped by removing the snow.
Snow Banging
We made Cookies. Owen was joking about licking them.
Owen wanted some snow to eat so Omer opened the top window to scoop up some.
Snow Eating
Then I filled the sink up with snow to play inside. Owen loved it and never complained about being cold.
I gave Aiden a bowl of snow. He enjoyed eating it off the spoon.

And stirring the snow.
Shocker, but Owen ate snow from his spoon too.
Owen stirring up Aiden's snow bowl.

The sun is out, the snow is done.
The finished product
So much snow

The sun and wind bothered Owen while sledding so he had fun in the row of bushes that we made as a cave.
Walking through the tunnel sidewalks.
Drooping Branches
Owen and Aiden Sitting in the Blizzard Aiden mezmerized by Owen chomping on his icicle.
Me carrying Owen from our backyard excursion. It was hard work.

2 comments:

  1. You need to put a little maple syrup over the bowl of snow next time - trust me it is yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Melissa, I am done with the large snows. There are drifts in my back yard on Sunday that were taller than me.

    Although, it looks like you all had fun this time. I love the snow cave.

    ReplyDelete