Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A lot of Time at Home

My boys in the past week have really enjoyed just wanting to be home. It has been a little cool for the pool and with an injured Owen (pinched nerve in neck), I am not kidding when I say we have been home A LOT. I love being at home but man I need to get out some. But these do not seem to care; it is hard for me to convince them even to go for a walk. I guess they are really enjoying being with each other with a sprinkle of friends. And am happy to admit for them being together so much they really have been playing nice with of course some disagreements here and there.

While Owen was at nature camp I had Aiden's buddy Sadie over for a play date. They had a great time! Started with measuring out snakes

Oops where did the snake go?

Then they collected all the frogs


We have a lot of frogs!

Then the REAL fun began. I read them Monster Town and for each page I said they had to act out the monster. They really enjoyed this and went from bean bag to my room back to bean bag acting like the monster and of course with lots of happy squels. 

Monster Faces

Little Werewolves

Smiles & Giggles

While at the pool Mrs Loren found this grasshopper in the drain looking quite dead. Well its started to move and the Owen's, Aiden and Sadie worked hard at building it a house and helping it back to life. Owen took him home to put him in the butterfly net to nurse it back to help. Oh I forgot to mention that he is missing a leg.

While we were building his home when we saw an injured katydid. Owen added him to the new house. 
Dr. Owen watching his patients

The next day the grasshopper was jumping all around and climbing the net, so we set him free

He flew right out on to the top

Then he jumped into the grass, Owen was so excited to see a healthy grasshopper

We love reading Froggy Goes to Hawaii and one part is a Hula dance, Aiden loves it and stands up and does a little hula. It is adorable. 


Here is a video, albeit not a very good one. Too late in the game 




Of course we are still building lots of Bionicles. Aiden built lots from the instructions and Owen decided he wants to work for Lego and create some that people will want to buy. Here is Fire Ears who is riding on a space ship (under him)




Spike Claw

Bat Wings

The boys both have asked to grow their hair out. I love it, they have gorgeous blond locks. This morning Aiden woke up with the most adorable curl in the back.

Skel Skel needed to get dressed and see the doctor






Then it was Halloween dress up




Then Johnny came over and they had an awesome time playing in the pirate ship Omer built (yes we still need to paint it)


Today Aiden told me he was tired so I put him in his room for quiet time. I figured Owen would also enjoy some alone with me. Well I was wrong. He asked to do quiet time with Aiden. Sure I guess. So Aiden scooted closer to Owen, they sat in their chairs and listened to a book on CD. Hmmm 45 minutes of quiet for Mommy!!!

There is Fall in the air with cooler weather, so the boys enjoyed some play out front. Drew some chalk of course and then they started to play monster trucks in the dirt.



Then back to build a Bionicle battle

We tended to the garden. Talk about a humongous zucchini

During bath Aiden dipped his head in and came up with a swirl on his forehead. I had to take a picture which meant the camera loving Aiden had to pose a little. 


1 comment:

  1. adorable pics! They certainly have had a great summer! The bionical building is amazing! Love the fact that the grandma quilt was used as a staging area for the Beardy presentation!

    ReplyDelete