Monday, September 17, 2012

New Schedules and All Between

With Owen in school all day (just about) and Aiden in three mornings a week, our new schedules are finally becoming the norm instead of just something new. The boys are adjusting nicely to the school routine, and well me too. We try to make the most of our time while altogether and at home and of course with some fun special things too. 

This is what we have been up to since school started. Omer turned the old rabbit hutch thing left in our yard into a pirate ship. The kids love it and has been a big hit with all the friends they have had over. I realize now that I probably should have taken some pictures of said friends and boys in the ship, but you get the idea. 
Old Wood meet New Wood

Painted and now complete pirate ship with a working drawbridge, rope climber, pirate wheel and spy glass and of course a jail.


I did get pictures of when Aiden and Sadie played in it. They were very cute and played captain and went fishing with the net. 
 



These are old but wanted to include them. The boys went to an event at the library in the summer and made rocket ship names. I knew Owen could make his name and was impressed with his pattern and writing, but was very impressed by Aiden's. He did it all by himself and even though the letters in his name are in the wrong order he wrote all the letters himself. 


 After school the boys like to ride by the playground and ride bikes, run and of course climb in the bush. I spy a little Aiden monster...


 Owen joined in for the bush climbing and...

Peeked his head out


Aiden likes to push his dump truck down the hill

While Owen likes to ride his bike

After the first week of school and one of our last playdates at the pool, we thought it would be fun to have family movie night on Friday. The boys were excited to watch Kung Fu Panda 2 and curled up together to watch.

After the movie they had to practice their ninja moves

Look at the air Owen gets

 Omer really wanted to go the Art Museum in DC for a special Art of Gaming exhibit. We went, we saw, we played and sadly Omer enjoyed it but expected much more.

In the other portion of the museum we really loved this driftwood horse.

 Owen playing Pac-Man

Aiden looking at the progression of video games


Then after over a year Omer has been dreaming about a chilled lobster cocktail he had at PJ Clarkes so we took him there as another special belated birthday celebration. Our original plan was to go to the Art museum then Air & Space and then dinner, but sadly after we exited the Art museum an insane storm hit and we had to find cover close by so went to an early dinner and never made it to Air & Space because it closed. Maybe next time....

Omer and his Lobster

 We could not believe it but Aiden fell asleep and stayed asleep as I moved him from car, walked in pouring down rain and ate half my dinner. Wow was he tired. Owen and I being silly

Aiden awoke and was very excited to find a cheeseburger waiting for him

 Doing silly faces...Owen and I did but love Aiden's "what is wrong with my mommy" face

The boys and I headed to the pool with some friends for the very last time this season and afterwards took Johnny home to come play and watch the end of the football game. It was lovely, the boys all played and I actually got to watch half the game with Omer. Owen and Johnny joined us for the last 5 minutes of the game.

 They were more interested in showing off their Lego creations

 Yes, with the lack of rain, we had quite a lot of early leaves that fell. Owen and I raked our first pile of the season.

Aiden has finally settled in to not having Owen here all the time to play and enjoying some one on one time with me. We were playing in the pirate ship together and sat down for a little snack. Love the smiles of my little boy 



 While Aiden was in school, I joined Owen for lunch at his school. He wanted me to come on the day he gets to buy lunch, of course pizza day. It was so nice to see him in the middle of the morning and love that he was still excited to see his mom. I got to meet some of his new buddies and of course he sits with one of his buddies and classmate from the past 4 years, Johnny.

 In true Owen fashion, he would not give me a sweet Owen smile and preferred his silly pretzel eating face. Oh well!


 On the way home, Owen of course bikes much faster than I can push a stroller, so he has his stopping points to wait for me. I turned the corner and at his waiting spot I found him collecting sticks in one of our neighbors yards. He said he was cleaning it up for them and made a huge pile. Love the random act of kindness!!! He was proud of himself


So Omer had a new game come out so of course he had a date to play with his buddies. Owen heard him playing and insisted in checking it out. Owen was in heaven watching the war scene unfold. I cringed a lot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment