Friday, April 2, 2010

Being a Big Brother

Owen has really started to take on the role of big brother. This can mean the super helpful loving big brother or the I'm bigger than you brother and will pick on you. But let's talk about all the adorable, wonderful acts that Owen does for Aiden.

1. I left the boys outside while I did the dishes and I look out to see Owen helping Aiden in the car and then pushing the car while Aiden giggled.
2. Owen really tries to help when Aiden is sad and will hug him and wipe his tears.
3. We were at the store the other day and Aiden knocked down something and Owen said, "I'm the big brother I'll fix it."
4. He likes when Aiden sits with him. For example at the museum the other day Owen said, "Aiden needs to ride the tractor with me so we can go on an adventure."
5. During all the snow Owen would always tell Aiden when we went out to not to eat yellow snow.
6. They love to play chase and the tickle Aiden. Aiden's favorite game.
7. Sometimes Owen will ask where Aiden is during his naps and likes to come him to wake him up.
8. They are enjoying playing together more and I often here, "When Aiden is older..." I look forward to when Aiden understands the games Owen wants to play.
9. There are often times I step away to get something from another floor and I leave Owen in charge to watch Aiden. Owen takes this very seriously and follows him around until I'm back.
10. Owen is also very helpful on letting me know or taking away anything dangerous from Aiden.

Love watching Owen be a big brother and the boys build their relationship.

1 comment: