Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Reptile Visitor

So after our long walk we went out back to play and Owen calls to me that he found a turtle. Really?!? I think. What did I find a turtle in our porch. The boys were quite excited and sat on the stoop very nicely watching the reptile. Aiden and I kept calling it a turtle, when little expert Owen corrected us and said, "Mommy, it is a tortoise because he only lives on land and has scales on his legs." Oops, sorry. The little guys really could walk fast too. Owen wanted to give him some strawberries that the tortoise very politely refused. Later in the day we check on him and he was gone, so we assumed he headed back to the pond. But the next day while Owen was in school he resurfaced. Aiden and I opened the gate for him so he could return home. And yes I made sure that he made it across the street safely back to the pond.



No comments:

Post a Comment