Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Sweet Angel

I took Chloe in for her routine, every three week chemo treatment and check-up. I went in thinking all was fine as she looks great and is acting completely normal, but I was surprised when the oncologist came back and told me her blood has risen and her lab shows leukemia cells again. So she has relapsed. We discussed what this means and I already knew from previous discussions that most dogs once they relapse with ALL there are no further treatments. So we are now faced with the fact that she will not be with us very soon. The oncologist said most dogs survive in a decent state for days to a couple weeks and then will start to have severe symptoms. As you can imagine my heart is broken. I still am amazed by my strong, happy, lovable girl who has been fighting cancer for 3.5 years now. I am lucky she has been so healthy and happy for that time so that we could have some more time with her. But still not enough time. I have discussed Chloe's death with Owen and as you can imagine he was upset, but only kept trying to make me feel better and then kept giving her kisses and snuggles. He kept trying to solve it by asking about possible solutions, ie how about magic medicine. I am trying to keep my chin up and just enjoy the rest of her life. She has been such a joy to me and to my family. As of right now she is acting normal but I have been warned it progresses quickly. Please just keep her in your thoughts.

My Sweet Angel
Snuggles with Mommy (Owen took this for me)
Love from Brother Chester
Playing Tug-o-War
Kisses for Owen

3 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you and Chole! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Melissa...tears in my eyes. You know my heart is breaking for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with you and Chloe and the rest of the family. Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete