Friday, September 2, 2011

Claytor Lake Weekend

At the end of my 10 day's alone with the boys we headed down for the weekend to Claytor Lake with lots of friends. I was honestly hesitant because I was pretty tired at this point of no Omer but so happy I sucked it up and made the drive....we had a blast. Our friend's, Sarah and Matt, family owns a lake front house and invited us all down for the weekend. The house was beautiful, the lake was refreshing and peaceful and the water activities were the best. The boys got to experience so much. I was grateful to all my friends helping out with the boys while I was still on my own. If Omer hadn't arrived that morning at home, we totally would have stayed another day but as you can imagine we were all ready to see Daddy again.

Owen was a true lake, nature, water boy. He loved fishing, swimming and jumping in the lake, exploring the docks, kayaking, jet skiing, and tube ride on the boat. His favorite was jet skiing with me. He could not get enough of it. I got to a pretty fast speed with him and his favorite part was hopping the waves. I squeal a little when hopping waves and Owen told me "Don't worry Mommy, you won't fall off because I am holding you. " What a cutie.

Aiden too loved the lake activities but was a little more hesitant and scared with some of them, which is a little shocking. He loved fishing and exploring the docks. He liked to swim around the lake, but scared to jump in and I had to hold him the whole time, and then he would freak and want out. But he got better. He did enjoy the boat rides but did not like the tube ride at all. He too loved the jet skis, and actually let Sarah take him out for the first time while I had Owen. Then he rode with me many times after and loved it. He didn't want me to go as fast but still enjoyed hopping waves. Aiden's favorite part was the kayaking, whenever I would take him out he could barely wait to get in. There was a couple times he actually jumped off the dock into the kayak.

I had a great time with the boys but also hanging out with several of my friends and relaxing on the lake a little. It was a great trip, and we are sorry Omer missed it but can't wait to go back next year.

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! The boys were so cute. We are in for next year for sure and hopefully Omer can join us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time. Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete