Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day of School

Owen was beyond excited to start school again and meet his new classmates and teachers. He is a Honey Bear this year. Aiden was very excited too to go to school "like a big boy" and with Owen. He is a Teddy Bear.
These pictures are from the meet and greet yesterday that went so well. Both boys enjoyed playing with other kids and exploring their new classrooms.
Today was the first day however it is a short day, they start at 2 hours and then next week will be full 3.5 hours. Owen could not get ready quick enough, but I had to push Aiden along so we wouldn't be late. I decided to learn from my mistakes with Owen and just do carline as Owen never had a problem but always did when I walked him in, at least in the beginning. But sadly, Aiden is a different kid and with as excited as he was, he screamed and did not want to get out. The teacher had to just pick him up, I felt horrible. But I called 15 minutes later and right when he got in the class he was fine and loved it.
Both boys told me about their days and I always love hearing what they felt was important, and snack is always in the top three. Owen told me he liked his teachers and played with old friends and made a new friend that he built blocks with. They read a book about a raccoon named Chester ("The Kissing Hand") and he wanted to tell the teacher that his dog's name is Chester but "I knew it would be rude to tell her as she read." They sand songs and Owen got to hold the flag. For snack (actually the first thing he told me) was graham crackers and applesauce. He can't wait to go again tomorrow.
Aiden told me his snack was muffin, not sure what else. He told me they sang songs, he played with friends, read the raccoon book, painted his hand (for a handprint art we got), and washed his hands. I was happy the little guy told me some even if he didn't embellish on much. I also am very proud that he did not have an accident on his first day; he usually doesn't now but still weary in new places.
They were so cute in their raincoats holding hands as I picked them up; and I was welcomed with hugs and kisses from both.










Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your few hours of extra time now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are wonderfully adorable kids!

    ReplyDelete