Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

I will try not to go into too much boring detail, but we had a wonderful Christmas, minus Aiden and me not being 100%. On Christmas Eve we wrote a letter to Santa. I wrote what Owen told me too. He will tell you that the true meaning of Christmas is love and having each other. He also told me that Santa will eat the orange first and then have his cookie for dessert. Love that kid!

As Omer, Aiden and I waited in our room for Owen to wake, we opened the door to find the gate open and Owen already downstairs with his stocking unstuffed. I was a little surprised, but he was so cute and excited. Then we all opened our stockings and played with the items. Aiden wasn't quite sure what to do but then with some help he got into it.

Then ran over to open gifts under the tree. We took turns opening our gifts and it is always such a joy to watch your kids get so excited and just want to play with that gift right away. The boys had so much fun opening and seeing what each other got. Omer and I also enjoyed our special gifts and I was reminded of one of the reasons I love my husband so much. He surprised me with a book he made of Chloe and family pictures with a poem at the end about my precious furry daughter. It of course made me cry and smile and laugh; he is so sweet.

Then Jenni came by to visit and enjoy some Aru family craziness. The boys always enjoy seeing their aunt. Then we just hung out in our PJs and played with our new stuff. Around 2:30 we finally changed into clothes and I started to make Christmas dinner. The Aru's and Hazera's came over to celebrate together and enjoy dinner. We all had a wonderful time and we are so blessed to have a loving family around us.

The next day enjoyed some quiet family time and then as Aiden and I still not feeling our best, decided that Aiden and Omer would stay home and Owen and I continued Christmas with my family at Josh's house. It was a great time and surrounded by so many people we care about. Sad that our whole family couldn't make it but Aiden needed to rest. As always Owen loved playing with his cousin Nicholas. And I got to catch up with my family and enjoy an amazing dinner and celebration. Very sad to say that I didn't take any pictures of this event, was not feeling all there and then just never seem to happen. Oh well, memories are in my head at least.

Here's to having lots of love in our family. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I love the C-mas note to Santa. That is precious.

    ReplyDelete