Thursday, November 3, 2011

Owen is Getting Married

No secret that Owen and Addie have a special friendship, but today their relationship was taken to another level. So I will try to report this as close to as they said it.

Before we went over for our playdate, Owen brought me a piece of paper and told me to write, "Dear Addie, I Love You...Owen" Then he proceeded to need to make a card. It was very adorable and he was so excited to give it to her. He even hid it behind his back to surprise her. As usual she got very shy. Adorable!

Then Tiffany told me about a conversation Addie had with her the other day. Addie was naming all her best friends and she named Owen as one. Then she went on to explain that when she is grown up she is going to marry Owen and they are going to have a bug wedding, because Owen loves bugs. So sweet!

On our way home I told Owen what Addie had told her mom, and he smiled so big. He then said in the most emphatic, surprised way, "She said she will marry me!!!" And I told him yes and then he asked when he could. I replied with 18 years old. And he asked how long that was, I told him and then he said I can drive a car then too. He went on to talk about the wedding and all the bugs. Quite darling!

Then today while we were playing, he found a little hat and announced, "Mommy, when Addie and I get married this is going to be the babies hat." OH MY GOSH!!! This is getting to serious now. My baby is getting married and having babies and he is only 5. Totally cute though!

Owen taking Addie on a narly bike ride.

Then Addie got them a snack and had a picnic. She licked chocolate pudding off the lid while Owen made silly faces.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! What a fun story to tell his future girlfriends, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Cute! Nicholas does this too!

    ReplyDelete