Friday, November 27, 2009

Reston Holiday Parade

This event has never gone well for us and this year was the same. I am determined to have a wonderful family time at the holiday parade...one of these years. :) The first year, Owen has woken early that morning so was melting by 11, the start time, and on top of it all it was bitter cold. So we left at 11 and Owen fell asleep in the car. Last year, we celebrated Thanksgiving that day with my family so we missed it. And then this year, Aiden caught Owen's cold (and is cutting a tooth) so we were exhausted from a very long night, but I was determined to go. Owen was excited and I was excited. I think Omer would have preferred to stay home. But once again it was pretty cold and very windy. My boy does not like the wind. And the parade runs very slow, so we made it through about 20 minutes and Owen announced loudly, "Go away wind. I want to go home." So the outing wasn't a total bust we walked over to the hotel and watched the train display. The boys were much happier. Maybe this event will be all I want it to be when the boys are older.

In the beginning, Owen wanted to hide from the wind in the stroller.

Then I held him and we watched the parade. Parade Watching Parade Watching Bag-Pipers Winter Owen Winter Aiden Old Time Fire Truck
That was a BIG hit Ballet Dancers
Dinosaur Balloon Train Display Watching Trains Playing with the Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment