Friday, November 20, 2009

Writing and Reading

These are two very essential skills to teach your child and it is so exciting when they start trying to accomplish these tasks. Owen did both today and I can't say how elated I was.

This morning he said he wanted to read some books. So he ran over and picked one out and then told me, "No Mommy, let me read it to you." So adorable! He did the whole book and did a pretty darn good job. He of course is not reading words, he used the pictures to read it and got most of the whole book right.

Then after we finished playing outside I let him bring one piece of chalk in. After some drawing (a dinosaur and fire) he wanted to write his name. He loves to spell his name and uses the magnet letters to do so but now he wants to try to write it. He wrote each letter to the best of his ability but not in order, just around the page. He asked me to write them next to each letter. In my opinion the O is good, the W is so close, the E needs lots of work and the N is shockingly good.


"O" to the right, "W" is below my w, "E" is to the left of my e, "N" is to the left of my n.

1 comment: