Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas and Many Celebrations

Oh the past several days have been so very enjoyable but also very tiring and busy. With weather some plans were rescheduled so the days around Christmas became more hectic. I think everyone in this house agrees with me when I say, we will be happy when life goes back to a little more normal. Owen and even Aiden seem pretty tired and seem to have enjoyed the moments when they have been able to just play at home with just us. But alas here is a summary of Christmas celebrations.


Christmas Eve: While Aiden and I stayed home for his bedtime, Omer took Owen to his parent's friends party. They have one every year and Owen usually has a great time. From what I hear he was very polite and sweet and pretty much just played and talked with Babaanna. But he did tell me was acting very silly to the older girls (college aged). This made me laugh and is all too common scene from Owen. When I put Owen down, he looked out the window and announced, "No Santa yet, better go to sleep."


Christmas Day: I was surprised that Owen woke earlier than normal, didn't think that would happen this early on, but he was excited! We all went downstairs and began the Christmas process. They opened stockings, Owen excited, Aiden happy but confused. Then Owen ran into the tree and excitedly asked where his were and the proceeded to open all his. Tried to get Aiden to open his but he had no interest, so Owen got to open some of his too. There were lots of smiles and thank you's. Just as his age should, Aiden was way more interested in shaking and eating the tissue paper and playing with the boxes, but did really enjoy his new ball. After the kids, Omer and I opened our gifts a little more peacefully. It was so much fun, Christmas with kids makes you just smile. Their faces are so pure and full of joy.

The kids got some down time to play with their new toys and hang with us, then Jenni, Grandma, Grandpa and Emma came by for more celebration and a delicious meal (if I do say so myself). When Emma arrived Owen told her she could play with all his toys but the new ones, then proceeded to hide every new toy behind the chair. I thought this was very smart of him as I knew it would upset him if anyone else played with them (even us through the morning). He got them all back out after his nap. :) We opened gifts, the kids played, we ate, we chatted, we had fun.


Day After Christmas: Because of snow my Dad's celebration was rescheduled to the day after. And many people were unable to come, my brother's family minus him were unable to come because they were all sick. Owen really missed his cousin Nicholas. Then my stepbrother and wife had to bail to be with his family. So I was prepared for many and then slowly it got a lot easier. It ended up just being my dad, stepmom, brother and sister. Owen did great and had lots of fun. He enjoyed telling them about dinosaurs and opening gifts, and just being silly. Aiden gave lots of smiles and showed some of his new skills off. Once again, we opened gifts, kids played, we ate, we chatted, we had fun.


Last Day (Sunday): Much quieter, but still visitors. In the morning we had Omer's parents over to visit. It was nice and laid back, so not as tiring.The boys opened gifts, we played, we chatted and had fun.


Owen told me today that he missed Christmas. Love it!! Overall the holiday's were fabulous and now Owen and Aiden are enjoying some special new toys and a little more peacefulness.


Merry Christmas Everyone!

Click on Picture to View Album

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a good one! I absolutely love their pjs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the matching PJs.

    ReplyDelete