Friday, May 14, 2010

Big Bug Show

When I saw this on a mom's web site I knew I had to take Owen. I mean the boy is obsessed with bugs and knows an insane amount about them. I had a sitter come to watch Aiden so it could be a special outing for just Owen. I can't believe I have never heard of this place, because it is so a place for Owen. It's called the Curiosity Zone and I am hoping they decide to have summer classes.

The Big Bug Show had lots of fun stations and activities and a contest with six categories that you catch and bring your own bug. We entered in a moth, water striders and butterfly, all that Owen caught. He had the best time inspecting and talking about all the bug entries. Owen was the proud winner for Most Colorful for his Painted Lady Butterfly.




Display of Bugs

Naming all of Them

They got to make a balloon butterfly and then let it fly over a fan. Owen had a blast with this.
And for some reason his balloon really flew high and stayed up there. True Engineer!

1 comment: