Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Aiden Update

We have made the three month mark with Aiden. Here's a "quick" update. Over the past month he has calmed down A LOT and is super sweet now; he is a pretty chill and happy little boy now. He gives lots of smiles, has become a little chatterbox (mostly when Owen is not talking), and will give me huge laughs. As most babies this age, he tracks and bats at toys and actually grabbed one this morning. He is good at sitting up with help and has great neck control. He likes to play on his tummy but always rolls back over after several minutes. I think his favorite thing right now is standing up and kicking. He has also started to push on his legs so he can scoot around on his back. And he has come close to rolling from back to tummy, got to his side.

As for his gas and sleep issues, still not "solved". I have been doing the dairy free diet to see if he has a dairy sensitivity. Well it has been about three weeks and he is not as gassy but still pretty darn gassy. This is the main cause for the bad sleep. It wakes or startles him a lot. But I am going to continue to do dairy free for a little longer, it does seem to have helped. So he is still in on our bed at night. Ugh! I really don't like kids in my bed, but you do what you need to do to survive this portion. Just much easier to soother his gassy belly when he is right there instead of having to walk all the way down the hall. And out of utter weakness he has slept on me tummy to tummy several nights, but we both sleep pretty good that way. And when we do this he usually only wants to eat once, which is awesome, but still startles a lot. Like I said what works right now. And you guessed it he is still napping in the Moby Wrap. Over the weekend we tried him in the crib, rocked him to sleep in minutes, and he actually slept for 30 minutes each nap. So I am going to keep trying to do his short naps in his crib to get him used to it, but the afternoon nap will stay in the wrap because right now I have both to sleep for about 2 hours at the same time. Need that time!!! I really hope all those experts are right and you can't spoil a kid before 6 months, because otherwise Aiden and I are in some trouble. :) Why is sleep always the main issue in new parents. HeeHee Okay enough on sleep, it will happen...baby steps.

Here's a bunch of recent pictures of our sweet Aiden and his new skills.

Finding the Phone


Finger Sucking

Bug Eyed

He loves to look at the mirror.

Who is that?

Grabbing elephant, he actually pulled it down too.

Elephant Pulling

Tummy Time

Pushing up High

Moving Over to See Butterfly

Pushing those legs to move. He started laying on the zebra.

He ended up on the giraffe.

Sweet Baby Face

Standing on my Tummy

Took a Break to Chew on my Hand

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if I've told you this or not, but Ashley is a tummy sleeper - always has been since Day 1. I know it broke all the rules, but she just wouldn't sleep on her back and I think it made her tummy feel better, too!!

    ReplyDelete