Monday, May 18, 2009

Home Body

Owen has become such a home body. We have never been people who like to overbook ourselves with activities and generally only like to do activities a couple times a week. But it has never been this bad; granted Owen has been sick, but we have been in this house pretty much for two weeks. Yes, two weeks!!! Owen does not seem to care at all, but I am getting stir crazy and a little lonely. In the past two weeks we went to Jumping Jacks, Owen to school, had a friend over one day and that is it. On the weekends, Owen and I walked the pups and Omer ran an errand with him, but other than that, once again at home.

I will give Owen options of what we could do that day, and 9 times out of 10 he will say "Let's just stay home and play." Even this weekend, on Saturday all he could talk about was going to the airplane museum. We kept telling him we'd go tomorrow. Sunday morning came and Owen was excited and actually told me that was where we were going. But when it came time to go, he essentially pitched a fit to stay home. Fine, it's not for us anyways, so we stayed home and had a wonderful day.

I have to say I love that he is happy at home and entertaining himself well and it makes it much easier with Aiden because I don't have to tote him around and possibly mess up a nap (we are finally on a somewhat regular routine). And I love just hanging out and playing with my boys, but once again I am antsy!!! Now with Owen completely healthy, we are definitely going to get together with some friends this week and make it back out into civilization. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment