Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day Weekend

I will first tell you how I imagined Mothers Day weekend. We had planned to hang out as a family, give me a little break at some point, Omer take a full night (minus feeding) so I could get some quality sleep, go to Reston Zoo and go to Cosi for dinner (I love that salad). Sounds nice right, mainly with such perfect weather. Well pretty much none of it happened.

So this what happened....weekend started out right. Saturday morning was just the norm and then after both boys had great naps and I got to nap without Aiden on me, we decided not to gamble tomorrow and go to dinner that night (maybe I am pyschic, read on). RTC went great, Owen and I had a wonderful time playing in the waterfall as Owen called it. We threw coins, splashed and Owen started a game of catching pretend animals in the water and then letting them go. Dinner went as expected with two kids. I nursed Aiden and then ate with one hand and we had to fight Owen to eat. He is horrible about eating while we are out, and I don't think he likes Cosi's pizza. But it was a nice dinner.

Then the night began, Omer and I were up pretty much between 2-6 between both boys. Morning came and we were exhausted. Then Owen after acting very strange told me his ears hurt. Owen and I headed to the doctors (love that they have Sun hours) to find that yes he has a double ear infection. UGH! In a nutshell the rest of our day was spent taking turns in our bed with a very feverish Owen, who pretty much watched movies and napped. He was going from a fever of 101 to 105 throughout the day. It was rough! But of course at 8:00, right at bedtime, the medicine had kicked in and Owen was his normal self. And after Mr. Chatterbox had not talked all day, he would not stop. But we finally got some food in him and he happily slept in his bed the whole night. Sweet, I had visions of a very rough night with kids in my bed, sick and gassy. With all that said, so glad that Owen woke this morning pretty much normal and slept through the night with no problem and Omer who has had the same cold for days got to chill with Owen and rest so is feeling much better too. So my Mother's Day was spent taking care of sickos and trying to keep everyone happy.

Ah to be a mother. But I did get some very creatively decorated cards from everyone and three special yummy desserts (it's what I wanted). All I really need is a hug and a happy family.

Fountain Spraying Owen


Bug Playing


Owen and the Waterfall


Throwing Coins


"I got a frog!"


Catching more Animals


Splashing


Daddy and Owen at Cosi


Me eating my salad, Aiden eating his arm


Owen Kisses


Me and My Boys


Tickling Owen (love Aiden's face here)

2 comments:

  1. What great pictures. Aiden is starting to look like a person instead of just an infant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous is mom....

    ReplyDelete