Friday, July 3, 2009

First Time Entertaining

Last night was our first attempt at entertaining since Aiden was born. He has been going to be at 7:30 and usually doesn't need anything until 1:00 or so. With this new bedtime we thought the evening would go smooth but he threw a wrench into our plan. Aiden has an ear infection, diagnosed on Thursday. That night we started the medicine and he slept much better than anticipated and seemed pretty decent all morning so we figured on still having the party, as I had a lot of food. But I think he is having a bad reaction to the medicine and was up at 8:00. So that my poor guests could eat soon while Omer and I handled the kiddos, I had to ask a friend to step in and finishing grilling. Sad because just got a new grill and was excited to break it in, but I did get to grill other stuff later. So after about 9:00, we were all done and finally got to enjoy some time with friends. It was wonderful! But sadly Aiden woke at 12:00 to feed again and then every 2 hours after until the morning. It was a loooooong night for me and was very tired, but so worth it to get to have some time with our friends.

I also have to include when everyone got here Owen was in super excited mode and wanted to only play with them. He would tell Omer and I, "No I am playing with Erica." Then later he took each lady out to the garden to pick a flower for them. The one guy there at that time did get a weed. :) Owen is a true ladies man. He had a blast with his girls and even then next morning he said "I miss Erica." How cute!

So our first entertaining experience since Owen didn't go quite as I had planned but we still had a wonderful time and everyone got to eat eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment