Thursday, July 9, 2009

Owen Peed!!!

Never thought I would be so proud, but Owen peed on the potty all on his own. Can't tell you how shocked I was by this because he has shown absolutely no interest, actually the opposite and screams if we mention peeing on the potty. We had told him a couple weeks ago that that was his last diaper and he would wear pull-ups until we ran out and then undies. The pull-ups have not really made a difference but he does seem more bothered by poop now.

So here is how it happened. We went for a walk down to the creek where Owen slipped and got all wet. So once we were home, I was changing him while he looked through his new shells. Well as he stood there naked before I could get his pull-up on he ran away. Kids love to be naked! As I called for him to get back over here to get dressed, he told me from the hall "I have to go potty." I though huh, what a weird thing for my hates-anything-that-is-related-to-the-potty kid. By the time I got to the bathroom he is up and proudly screaming "I peed on the potty!" I looked and what do you, he had. I was beyond proud. We did a potty dance and can't tell you how excited Owen was too. Then he got his promised green frog from months ago (this was the item he said he wanted when he went potty). So here we go, I guess we are full on potty training. I am grateful because I have been so worried we'd have to force this so he could go to preschool in Sept. Here's hoping he keeps this excitement.


Proud Potty Owen

1 comment: