Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve at National Harbor

Omer was at the Redskins game all day so I thought it would be fun to do something special and different with the boys. Last time I was at the National Harbor, I saw there was a beginning of a children's museum there. The actual museum won't open for a year but right now they have a small space with some activities. I also saw that they have a water-skiing and water sport Santa, Grinch, reindeer's, snowman and elves. My sister came along for the fun too.
I must say that the whole thing was mediocre in my opinion but the boys never complained and seemed to be having a great time. I was expected more but the great thing about kids as they live in the moment and enjoy what is around them. The only part they got a little antsy with was the amount of time between each water holiday figure. All in all we all had fun Christmas Eve at the National Harbor.
At the Children's museum the boys ran around and looked at all the stations but really Owen just colored and built blocks and Aiden drove cars and played house.
Aiden driving cars
Owen Building
Owen's House
Owen's Coloring
Then we walked down to the water and the boys were super excited to see a beach. The water Christmas characters were fun but slow going so hard to keep their attention when there was a beach and fun statues to play around.

Aiden Loved the Sand
Sitting on Statues Head

Big Christmas Tree
Aiden laid down and looked like he was trying to swim
Owen with the Knee
Walking and Crawling
Reindeer's Skiing
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment