Tuesday, December 13, 2011

School Sing-A-Long

I was very excited for the school sing-a-long this year because it is Owen's last and Aiden's first. The only year they will do it together. Owen was over joyed to perform and be a tad goofy while singing. Aiden did not even make it on stage. While they walked in he started to cry, ran to me and immediately asked for snack. The poor thing was hungry and does not do well when a rumbly belly. He usually is a great eater in the morning but for some reason this morning he did not eat much breakfast, so I knew it was going to be hard.
Well the dream of seeing both up there had sailed but I really enjoyed watching Owen even if he was being silly. He told me later that he was doing that because he was nervous. Not sure I buy that. But I gave him the "mom look" and he stopped. You'll see the difference in the video.
Then we all sang together and headed to the gym to see Santa, eat cookies and run around with friends. The boys had a blast playing altogether. We waited until the line was done to go say hi to Santa, and glad we did because the boys talked to him for almost 10 minutes. They were so cute. They chat with him like he is their best friend. I couldn't hear it all but I did catch Owen telling him he wanted a lego and to surprise him with something else. Aiden of course asked for Scooby Doo. Then Aiden kept showing Santa his belly and then proceeded to tell Santa that he too had a big belly. That got a chuckle from the jolly ole man. Owen even brought him a cookie at the end.
They also loved giving out the teachers and staff presents. And Owen told one of them the true meaning of Christmas is that we love each other. Glad to know he relays some of the stuff I teach him. As always it was a fabulous event that I look forward to every year.
Owen with Honey Bears
Aiden at the end wanting to come to me
Owen singing a bell song
Singing snowman and bunny song
Cheesy Grin
Big HO HO HO
Aiden sat with me and ate snack
Talking with Santa

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment