Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday Owen

I am shocked that my baby turned 5 today. Amazed what a grown little boy he has become over the past year. Owen is a wonderful, loving, caring, funny, free spirited, bright boy that we are in awe of. He loves insects, reptiles and amphibians; legos and bionicles; running around, jumping and generally being crazy with his brother; reading and crafts; nature exploration; and now biking and swimming.

I asked what he wanted to do today for his birthday and he chose to go to the Natural History Museum aka Dinosaur Museum. I have never taken them alone there but figured I could handle it. Off we went on our adventure and after getting stuck in traffic, we bailed and got lucky and found a parking spot at the metro station. The boys loved riding the train and talked a lot about it. Then we strolled across the mall and headed into the museum. The boys explored with gaping mouths and lots of questions. We had a blast and did the usual while there. And of course got to hold some of their favorite museum bugs. We enjoyed lunch there and then headed back to the metro. Once again the train ride was a hit.

I have to include our conversation. I had to call Omer to make sure I took the correct 66 (yes you may laugh now), Owen of course heard all this. Because of the traffic I had to make a u-turn where Owen announced, "Mom, all you have to do is head up the hill and around the curve. the way we came in." Thanks Owen, appreciate the directions. :) Then he asked me,"Once you get on that road you know how to get home, right?" He has figured out that I am horrible at directions.

Sadly with our morning adventure, Aiden did not nap, so our original plan of pool time was out of the question. I asked Owen how he wanted to spend his afternoon and he thought for a moment and then emphatically announced, "Go to Target and spend my gift card!" He got one for his birthday and was excited to finally get a Bionicle that we have not bought him because of the price. Good activity for me to get an errand out of the way, chill out Aiden and get Owen his last gift. So 165 pieces later the Bionicle was built and Owen loved it. Normal Bionicle playtime.

I am super excited that after Owen's bath he gave me a hug and told me thank you for his special birthday. Then he told me his favorite part was the Dinosaur Museum. I am so pleased he had a wonderful day and felt like the super special boy he is for the whole day. With a huge hug and kiss, my birthday boy is now 5.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Owen.
    He is such a wonderful, cute boy.

    ReplyDelete