Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Aiden Meet Crib

So as many of you know Aiden has never slept in his crib. Nights are spent in our bed in a cosleeper or on us and naps have been in the Moby Wrap. And as many of you know I do not like kids sleeping in my bed, but we did what we needed to to get sleep. I was going to give him until 6 months before I forced him out. Well Monday night was really rough. He usually feeds to sleep at 8:00, but that night he just did not and I had to bounce him for a long time before he fell asleep. The rest of the evening he was up quite often, and I just think he is uncomfortable and too big now for the cosleeper. Well last night after his 8:00 feeding he did the same just looked around all awake. I was exhausted and just not interested in repeating the night before, so with no real hope I put him in his bed. Well he chatted for about 10 minutes, cried a little, so I went in to give him his suckie and pat his back and he was asleep. And yes, you caught that, he's sleeping on his tummy. It is the only way he'll sleep well. We just started this last week and I must say I am still nervous about it. When 9:30 approached and Aiden was still sleeping, Omer and I did not know what to do. :) I chose to lay some blankets on Aiden's floor, take my pillow and sleep on his floor. I know, you may laugh now, but I am really nervous about the tummy sleeping. I actually slept pretty well.

Well the report of the night, Aiden stayed in his bed the whole night. I had to get up and retrieve suckie for him every couple hours or so, but he went right back to sleep after a couple sucks. He made it to 5:00 before needing a feeding. WooHoo! I fed him and back in his bed until 7:30. Omer and I were both shocked. This is a great sign and so happy he is finally ready to sleep in his bed. He also took his morning nap in his bed, with not much help from me at all, and I actually had to wake him after an hour so we could drop the pups off and get to playgroup. I have to include this really made me happy because I finally got some one on one with Owen where I am not carrying Aiden. Owen ate it right up and we played bucking bronco. I am not naive that this is it, but am very hopeful and excited that Aiden is ready to be in his bed. I had to get some pictures of Aiden in his crib. Sleeping baby pictures are sooooooo cute.




3 comments:

  1. Yeah for crib sleeping!! I am THAT mom who lets her wee babes belly sleep. Especially at that age when he can lift his head easily. Really, he will be fine:) Now go get some rest in your own bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Aiden, go! Ashley has been a tummy sleeper since the day she was born :) I think it's the only way to go for those babes with gassy tummies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TUMMY SLEEPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete