Friday, June 5, 2009

Fruit Play

This covers two activities that Owen does, 1)plays with the fruit basket while I cook. He brings me food from the basket almost every time I am cooking. "Here Mommy have a tomato", etc. And 2)Categorizing. Owen has enjoyed categorizing his toys for a long time and I love seeing what creations he makes and the categories. This morning was no different. I was getting some lunch ready while Aiden napped and I hear lots of talking coming from the living room. I take a look to find Owen has split all the bananas and then he continued to remove all the food from the basket to put on the couch. We continued to play with the food in many variations for quite some time. Owen told me which animals ate each food, all the colors, counted each food, etc. It was surprisingly a lot of fun.

Fruit Display
Grabbing More Food

He was very careful with each piece, holding softly and moving slowly.

Owen and his Creation

Then he split the food. He coined this as animal foods, for monkeys and horses.

This was the special food, not sure why.

Then he moved all the food back to one area and told me what animal ate each food, from parrots to raccoons to monkeys.

Then I got a pile and he got one separated by the pillow (his is the bigger one of course). He also got some of his fish from his game and a couple cars. Owen is in the corned pretending to pick cookies off the exersaucer to put in our piles.

No comments:

Post a Comment